The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely love this new tank.
I have never seen a tank this size that has given me this much enjoyment.

The tank model is Huey Hong Miracle Baby. 10 gallons.
Right now it has an anubias, and I believe some microsword or some type of crypt. I recently have gone silent in the planted tank world for a few months, its amazing how much I have already forgotten. =(

I need help in choosing more plants for it. Should I add C02 to this tank?
The plants I received were from a friend who had to take down his tank due to too much algae in his 150g.

What should I add? I am really excited for this tank at the moment.
sorry for the horrible picture, its my cell phone and the water was a bit cloudy.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I love these kinds of tanks! I have one too:)

By the way, if you want to get rid of that ugly sticker in the upper right hand corner, scrape off as much as you can with your finger and then scrub it with a cloth damp with vinegar.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Nice tank! You could add PFS, (pool filter sand) to your subtrate. It does'nt have any nutrients but it is a good planting medium. What are you tank specs?
Regards,
Jake

·
Registered
18 Posts
you can start with a few tetras once you are cycled.

what type of equipment do you have (filter, lights, heater etc)? Is the light a standard bulb or is there a CF spiral bulb? if not that should be your first upgrade.

Your lights are probably going to limit plant growth so i wouldn't bother with co2. you can pick up some ferts to begin with to help your plants thrive. you can pick up excel while you are out as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.