The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
560 Posts
Looks ok but could look better...Try this
1. comb the algae out of your hairgrass slowly with a toothpick, plant the few runners you rip out in the front circle pic 2
2. trim the moss and tie it to a piece of wood or a rock and put it on the bottom left in the back where the red fish are pic 1
3.tie some moss to 3 small rocks and put them in the forground on the left.
This will give you a moss carpet effect

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thoght to wait untill the grass will grow over all the ground...
and i wanted to buy some more for the left side...[were there no plants at all..]

here some more... ho, and thanks.

:)

·
Registered
517 Posts
oh sorry, lemme rephrase :)

dood thomas she called you a ho!:mad:

i thought so, about the cherry barb. i never see them that red at the LFS. i forgot to ask earlier but, is that green stuff near the bottom of the wood algae? i like that kind and wondered how to get it to grow, reminds me of marimo balls, without being in a ball form

·
Registered
845 Posts
Your tank looks very nice! :) I'd trim some of that java moss though to control the "Afro" look. Those are some 'cherry' cherry barbs! Lovely! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all!
yes i will cut some of the java moss to give it a better look...[its just i got 100+ japonica in it....]..

yes this is an algae... i dont really know what need to let it appear and grow... i saw in my tank friend this algae too...
this is why im not removing it... i want it to grove all over the "tree"...

thanks about the cherry, this is 3 males..

·
Registered
71 Posts
I kinda liked the rock. But it did open it up and make the tank look bigger. Personally, I'd put it back, but I'm no expert in scaping.

I like the way your tank looks using common plants. And what are you feeding those barbs to get their color so brilliant? Absolutely beautiful!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also prefer the rock to stay there.

Now that you remove the rock, that area looks empty. Maybe put some plants in there as replacement, something that wont grow too high ...

Your tank looking great, nice and simple.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I kinda liked the rock. But it did open it up and make the tank look bigger. Personally, I'd put it back, but I'm no expert in scaping.

I like the way your tank looks using common plants. And what are you feeding those barbs to get their color so brilliant? Absolutely beautiful!!

those barbs eating regular food:eek:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I like it w/o the rock... the area looks much more open and when I look at it my eyes are naturally attracted to the driftwood on the left. I think the open space gives less distractions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.