The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i've had a few planted tanks in the past but never really shared them. i was out of the game for a while and just set up a nano this weekend.

glass is a ~3.5g no name, rounded corners and rimless. picked it up for $30 at LFS (fish gallery). substrate is fluval shrimp stratum, seiryu stone. lighting is just a zoo-med fixture with a CCFL bulb. it's really overkill and i plan on getting something more suitable and more attractive :D i've got the stuff for DIY co2 from my previous tanks, i just haven't set it up yet.

flora is just HC, i might put some dwarf hairgrass in the back eventually. fauna planned is blue tiger shrimp and maybe a few cardinals.

update! 2/20/12 - working on getting the algae under control, less light/co2 and stopped dosing ferts completely. fauna is now 10 baby orange eye blue tigers and 3 crystal blacks all courtesy of my buddy, khoa. his username on here is 'deviltiger'

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
NO COMMENTS FOR YOU

kidding, it looks good :) real good
Always joking around on here lol.

I think this tank looks really good and will look even better when that HC grows in.
I am from the Dallas area, what fish store is it?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't know anything about anything but I think it looks great. I concur with your plans for DHG in the background and think it would look even better with that and a full carpet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

the LFS i use is Fish Gallery. there's one in dallas near downtown and somewhere around houston. they carry some nice stuff. ADA and fluval gear, usually have HC, DHG, riccia and other popular plants in stock, RCS, amano shrimp, cardinal tetras, yadda yadda. the tank is a good bit bigger than the usual 2.5g. i'll take some better pictures when i get the mini coralife and paintball co2 setup i'm looking at picking up off my buddy :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it's just this hood sitting directly on top of the tank with a CFL bulb. it's overkill and will probably start growing algae soon but i have the mini coralife on the way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm actually considering a betta for it :)

the filter is a small chinese HOB. cheap, works great. it flows enough for probably ~5g, i had to put a bunch of floss and a sponge in it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks nice. That one of those Aqua One nanos they have there? Was just there yesterday. If you haven't found the mini coralife fixture yet, Dallas North Aquarium has a couple I think.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sure is! pretty nice unit for $30. i'm getting the gear from a buddy, just gotta make time to meet up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice tank, that HC will really complete the scape when it carpets.
We get those exact same tanks over here to, but they're only about $8 for the 3.5gal ones, the 10gal ones cost $12 lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
long overdue pictures! coralife mini and high-tech co2 are now installed along with a couple of RCS and an oto. co2 is kind of exposed and ugly but we're moving soon so i'm not too worried about it :biggrin:

excuse the quality of the photos, i'm too lazy to use a real camera so these are just taken with my phone :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts