The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Looks really nice! I really like the hardscape.

It does look a little overstocked for a 5G, though.

What are the specs?

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have to agree the hardscape looks great only thing id suggest is more plants which i think you already have planned on doing

i also agree the tank look incredibly overstocked i counted about 24 fish in a tank that could probably only support the neons you have in there now if you wanted a good number of fish you could look into smaller species of fish like CPD and other really small fish

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I am going to agree with the above posters, that the layout looks awesome, and that if you got some carpeting plants, such as Marsilea sp. which are pretty low tech/low light even, it would look awesome. But in regards to the fish, 5gls is the empty volume, not the volume once it has hardscape/decor in it.

Also, the fish choice might not be the best for you, in the longrun, and for the fish.
Threadfin Rainbows and Rummynose Tetras should be in tanks of minimum 20gls (thats even pushing it for those fish species), and Neons would say, a minimum of 10gls for like, 6 of them.

I do see though that you have some Celestial Pearl Danios (Galaxy Rasboras), which would should be fine. For your sake, I would take back the other fish and see if you can swap them for more Galaxies, and the remainder of the ammount owing to you in store credit or something similar.

In the 5gl (remember still 5gls is the empty volume) you'll probably want to have about 5 or 6 of the CPD's.

That tank is looking awesome though.

For plants, you could do a carpeting plant, and some Blyxa Japonica in the back.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I like the depth that your hardscape creates, but as others have mentioned, it is way overstocked. Good Job scaping though!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well thank you for the info. I forget to let you guy know one thing I change all fishes about every 2 months ( because I have few tanks). I bet you will see all different fish in that tank later on. and my tank size is little different it is a 10" X10" X10" Co2 is running, a 36w PCF running about 8 hours/day, all the rocks are from japan. and just a hang on filter on the back that its. simple and easy.

·
Registered
283 Posts
That is the Red Sea Drop Checker. It is used to measure the level of CO2 that is dissolved in the water.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts