·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MARCH 06

SEPTEMBER 06

JANUARY 07

MARCH 07

Its been up for about 1 year but constantly adding or changing plants 3 female puffers and 3 ottos actually i think one died about a month ago but i cant find its body... but there have been no crazy ammonia spikes so whatever gotta love freshwater ...this is kind of neglected due to the reef hence the jungle look.

10gallon
50% water change once or 2x per week
15W light 6700K
13W light desklamp on a few hours a day
Flourish Excel

Some ferts just a pinch of each at water changes;
potassium phosphate
calcuim nitrate w/ ammonia
potassium sulphate
potassium Nitrate
and i chuck in a banana every now and then to get the potassium levels up

Cheers,
Ken

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2g Hex

Here are some crappy pics of my 2g Betta tank, i dont like a ton of little tanks scattered around but i had betta fish with flowers as centerpieces at my wedding last year so i figured i should keep one. This is the first tank i have ever owned as well i set it up again for him. I chuck the overgrowth of plants from my 10g in here and they are GROWING, he can barely get to the surface now.

Cheers,
Ken

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20g Reef

I got this reef partially setup from a local reefer a year ago since then i have added several corals, fish and more liverock. I am upgrading it to a 33g as soon as i move.

Crappy Video

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Future Reef Tank

This is the stand i built for the 20g reef to go into, i plan on using the current 20g as a sump so that the live sand will still be active and will help seed the new tank.

I used crown molding on the 3 sides to frame the tank the doors arent on in the pics but they are hidden hinged.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Love the cabinet for the 20g. nice work. Tanks are pretty too. I love reefs but won't be able to thnk about one for awhile. I have to live vicariously through my LFS and pics on the net.:icon_frow

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow nice!! i seen u over on dendroboard :)
Yup a viv is going to be my next project. I think the progression is natural freshwater -> sal****er -> half water ? I plan on making a stacked stand with a DIY plywood viv underneath the 10g puffer tank. Thanks for the comments all.

Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts