The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I'd share my little shrimp tank with everyone here.

When I first got into this hobby it was all about the aquascaping now I'm finding myself enamored with these beautiful little critters. I could care less about how the tank looks as long as the shrimpies are happy.

Tank specs:

Mini M
27w archaea light
Eheim 2213
jbj chiller
Substrate is Up Aqua shrimp sand
Water parameters:
PH 6.4
Temp 74 degrees
KH 1
GH 4
TDS 152

Munching on some shrimp ball cuisine

My favorite little guy

·
Registered
172 Posts
Did you start off with RO Water for these high grade shrimp or?
Also how you finding the Eheim 2213 with flow on a small tank? I'm gonna be buying a 2213 myself in a few days for an ADA 45P.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you start off with RO Water for these high grade shrimp or?
Also how you finding the Eheim 2213 with flow on a small tank? I'm gonna be buying a 2213 myself in a few days for an ADA 45P.
yes I'm using straight RODI water since my tap water is pretty hard ph is 7.6 out of the tap and TDS is 280, GH 8

because I'm running the chiller inline I think the flow on the 2213 is perfect. Its strong enought to push the swiming shrimp around but not so strong that it creates a tornado in the tank. Id rather have too much flow than not enough since you have the option of dialing down the flow with your double taps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.