The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here it goes.

Tank: 60"x8"x12" ~24 gallons.
Substrate: Amazonia 1 coarse and powder w/ gravel bed.
Lighting: 2x48" T5.
Heater: Tetra 100w heater.
Filtration: 3xTom's Mini Canisters.
Co2: 10lb tank with regulator etc.

Today I washed out my tank and did a leak test. I filled it with a mix of Amazonia 1 coarse and powder. Put some Nutrafin Aqua+ to neutralize the chlorine and chloramines. Threw in my Fluval 4+ from my other tank in to get some of the bigger particles out.

Tuesday my mini canister filters and Co2 regulator come so I will set them up. I have old filter floss from my other tank to put in them so I can jump start the cycle.

I'm not sure what plants to use yet. But I do know that I want to breed CPD and RCS. I bought some Dwarf Baby tears today at AFA because they looked cool and healthy.

I have 12 CPDs, 20 RCSs, 12 Neons, 8 Pygmy Corys and 12 Micro Rasboras.

Comments, ideas?

Here are some pics:
Empty tank.

Amazonia 1, coarsed and powder. Gravel bed.

River rocks and water.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Man, if you got one of those to be 12" wide, that would be a sick shelldweller tank to have sitting on your desk.

Also, I think if you had that filled in with a mad carpet of something like Hemianthus Calictrichoides with a tonne of shrimp crawling around, that would look awesome.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Man, if you got one of those to be 12" wide, that would be a sick shelldweller tank to have sitting on your desk.

Also, I think if you had that filled in with a mad carpet of something like Hemianthus Calictrichoides with a tonne of shrimp crawling around, that would look awesome.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Very cool tank! It looks like a great shelf tank. It'll be really interesting how it turns out!

·
Registered
23 Posts
cool tank! Ive got a 30 long (12x12x48) great light penetration and plenty of room to scape. look forward to seeing it progress.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Neat tank. I like the dimensions of my 20 long (12x12x30), so your "24 long" and the 30 long sound even better. I wonder how far this has been taken - like a 12x12x96 or something, with canister intake and exhaust at opposite ends for a mini river.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice, although that is a might long thread! I found some photos of the super mini long reef on page 24. Now where's an example of a super mini long planted tank? Just kidding - I'll wait for frigginchi's mini long to get done!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I've always liked the long look, too. I just don't normally have the space for them. That's why the 20-long will always have a place in my heart, and I'm also going to setup one of those 6.6g bookshelf tanks in the near future, as well.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I've always seen them inside Petco, but I don't believe they offer them on their website. I actually don't know if they are available by any mail order places?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I couldn't wait for the Tom's Mini Rapid filters to come in so I went to King Aquarium and bought me a Fluval 305 for $120.00.

Bout time I stopped fooling around and play with the big boys huh? lol.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts