The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you,you are welcome。This fish kept in 2013。He had married a bule one and have kids,but his kids were all dead。I don't know how do you keep paradise fish。And I hope exchange experience with you。If you want,i will show you my tank。

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gorgeous specimen, and welcome to the forum! I too am a big fan of paradise fish and am trying to establish a harem in my 29 gallon. Speaking of which...does this fine fellow have any lady friends?
thank you,you are welcome。This fish kept in 2013。He had married a bule one and have kids,but his kids were all dead。I don't know how do you keep paradise fish。And I hope exchange experience with you。If you want,i will show you my tank。

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you mean red fire paradise fish?I just like Wild paradise fish。
I have had a lot of paradise fish,
圆尾斗鱼Macropodus ocellatus Cantor
红蓝叉尾斗鱼Macropodus opercularis
香港黑叉尾斗鱼Macropodus hongkongensis
越南黑叉尾斗鱼Macropodus spechti
I will show you their future

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice paradise fish. We only get the blue with red stripes morph here in the states. Wish I can find the red morph.
Do you mean red fire paradise fish?I just like Wild paradise fish。
I have had a lot of paradise fish,
圆尾斗鱼Macropodus ocellatus Cantor
红蓝叉尾斗鱼Macropodus opercularis
香港黑叉尾斗鱼Macropodus hongkongensis
越南黑叉尾斗鱼Macropodus spechti
I will show you their future

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I assume you mean how to keep the fry? Paradise fish fry need infusoria (I.E microbes) for the first few days after they are free-swimming, which can be grown in a jar with some dead plant clippings and which occur naturally on aquarium plants from mature aquaria (mosses tend to have particularly large colonies of infusoria). After that, they need baby brine shrimp, vinegar eels, or microworms, and may be able to be weaned onto dead foods after a few weeks. At about 6 weeks, they start developing their labryinth organ to breathe air, so make sure that the fry tank is very well covered to allow the air in the tank to be high humidity and the same temperature as the tank water; die-offs usually happen about this stage, though in view of how large a paradise fish's brood can be and how large they grow that might not be a bad thing.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
我英语不好,不知道你们能不能看懂
We can use google translate to understand you :)
我们可以用谷歌翻译来理解你。

We only get the blue Macropodus opercularis here in the United States. You have the red version in the picture.
我们只能得到蓝色的盖斑斗鱼在这里,在美国。你有红色版本的图片。

Yes, please show all of your Macropodus.

·
Registered
756 Posts
You can occasionally find other species of Macropodus in the U.S., usually M. spechti. I have some M. ocellatus, which is probably a lot easier to find in China than in Brooklyn. The female sometimes chases the male away & cares for the eggs & fry by herself. Some fry may avoid being eaten by the adults & grow up alongside them.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I assume you mean how to keep the fry? Paradise fish fry need infusoria (I.E microbes) for the first few days after they are free-swimming, which can be grown in a jar with some dead plant clippings and which occur naturally on aquarium plants from mature aquaria (mosses tend to have particularly large colonies of infusoria). After that, they need baby brine shrimp, vinegar eels, or microworms, and may be able to be weaned onto dead foods after a few weeks. At about 6 weeks, they start developing their labryinth organ to breathe air, so make sure that the fry tank is very well covered to allow the air in the tank to be high humidity and the same temperature as the tank water; die-offs usually happen about this stage, though in view of how large a paradise fish's brood can be and how large they grow that might not be a bad thing.
No, I mean how do you keep the adult fish, are the adult fish kept together? We keep the male paradise fish in a small tank respectively. And separated by opaque paper, I put the paper away let them confrontation every day. Sometimes i placed them in one tank and let them fight.Then I'll write a post about how to separate the tank and my other paradise fish.
不,我的意思是你们怎么饲养成年鱼,是把成年鱼都养在一起吗?我们饲养天堂鱼都是把雄性成年鱼分别养在小方鱼缸里。并且用不透明的纸片隔开,每天把纸片抽开让他们互相对峙。有时也会把他们放在一个鱼缸里让他们战斗。一会儿我再写一个帖子写怎么分开鱼缸还有我的其他鱼。

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We can use google translate to understand you :)
我们可以用谷歌翻译来理解你。

We only get the blue Macropodus opercularis here in the United States. You have the red version in the picture.
我们只能得到蓝色的盖斑斗鱼在这里,在美国。你有红色版本的图片。

Yes, please show all of your Macropodus.
I'll write a post about how to separate the tank and my other paradise fish.
我再写一个帖子写怎么分开鱼缸还有我的其他鱼。

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can occasionally find other species of Macropodus in the U.S., usually M. spechti. I have some M. ocellatus, which is probably a lot easier to find in China than in Brooklyn. The female sometimes chases the male away & cares for the eggs & fry by herself. Some fry may avoid being eaten by the adults & grow up alongside them.
You can find this in the U.S.?This is Macropodus ocellatus。Is it found in the wild?or the aquarium?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.