The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so around 12/14 or 12/15, I ordered a nice wool coat that was to be one of my wife's Christmas presents. They were having a sale, etc and it seemed like a good idea. However, when I placed the order, it said "Shipping status: Factory ship - 1 week". I thought, well, that will cut it real close to get here by 12/25, but as long as it's here within a few days after, I guess...
New Years passes. No coat.
I went to the website to check on the item# and it said that the expected shipment date is 2/14/07.....what?? So, I called them to make sure this was correct. When they said yes, I told the guy to cancel the order. He said ok and apologized for the inconvenience. Whatever.
Then, I got an email yesterday from JC Penny saying that they were unable to cancel the order b/c the factory had already started processing of the order.....But it's not shipping for 4-5 weeks!!! It did say that we can return it and get my card credited back, etc but that's just a big inconvenience. We're just going to wait at this point until it arrives and if my wife doesn't like it, or it doesn't fit, back it goes...
I'm so pissed. I've bought things from them off-and-on for 20+ years, but will never buy from them again. It's no wonder that they're shutting down stores all over the country. It's all about customer service folks. When will they figure that out? /rant off

-Ryan

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sorry to hear your troubles bro. Send a complaint to customer service, they may send you a coupon at least ;) Maybe your wife will be happy to receive Christmas in Feb!

·
Registered
974 Posts
"false advertising" that's how I would word it.....

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
That's frustrating! I have some beef with JCPenny's too. I had lost my wallet, but I really needed some new jeans, so after I got my debit card replaced but hadn't yet replaced my driver's license I went shopping there and tried to buy the jeans with the debit card. When they asked for ID I gave them my passport which I had been using for ID. My PASSPORT! A perfectly legal form of ID and probably BETTER than a DL and they wouldn't accept my card. I was pretty mad.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. Some places have ridiculous policies regarding IDs. I worked at a bank some years ago and we were able to accept CA DL's ONLY and ONLY US passports or military IDs. People would be obviously on vacation from another state and only had that state's DL and we couldn't help them at all. I always hated telling them that, probably more than they hated hearing it. I suppose it's to cut down on fraud, but sometimes it seems a bit overkill honest people are made to deal with it. That sucks Jen. Sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I've had a very similar experience with Amazon.com

I ordered these headphones called super.fi 3. I had them ordered so that the estimated arrival date was at good 3 days before I would leave to germany. I really wanted the headphones before I went, so it forced me to buy 2 day shipping. Well 2 days passed, nothing happened in the tracking thing, and another thing I noticed. It said that the arrival date would be while I was at Germany! So I gave up on that and bought other ones at a local electronics store, planning to return it later. So I come back from Germany, still no headphones from Amazon. I checked tracking, and it told me November... I ordered it near the beginning of October, with 2-day shipping. It delayed my shipment by 2 weeks. I complained to amazon, and they gave me 5 dollars off on my next purchase here. YAH RIGHT! Amazon sucked at shipping. Even though I have never had a problem before.

SOOO FRUSTRATING

The end.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Have your payment reversed. Or at minimum call customer service and inform them if they do not correct the issue that was created to their false advertising and blatent misleading that you will simply call your CC company and file a fraud dispute aganst them. You purchaced an instock item and you never aggreed to be placed on a back order. they do not have the right to hold your money ransom if they cannot provide the item that you aggreed to purchace. So long as nothing has been sent to you they cannot really dispute the reversal of the payment.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
call back and ask to speak with a supervisor. keep doing that until you reach who you need to reach. if tey have charged the CC, do a chargeback, the credit card co will generally give you your credit back no questions asked

Ok, so around 12/14 or 12/15, I ordered a nice wool coat that was to be one of my wife's Christmas presents. They were having a sale, etc and it seemed like a good idea. However, when I placed the order, it said "Shipping status: Factory ship - 1 week". I thought, well, that will cut it real close to get here by 12/25, but as long as it's here within a few days after, I guess...
New Years passes. No coat.
I went to the website to check on the item# and it said that the expected shipment date is 2/14/07.....what?? So, I called them to make sure this was correct. When they said yes, I told the guy to cancel the order. He said ok and apologized for the inconvenience. Whatever.
Then, I got an email yesterday from JC Penny saying that they were unable to cancel the order b/c the factory had already started processing of the order.....But it's not shipping for 4-5 weeks!!! It did say that we can return it and get my card credited back, etc but that's just a big inconvenience. We're just going to wait at this point until it arrives and if my wife doesn't like it, or it doesn't fit, back it goes...
I'm so pissed. I've bought things from them off-and-on for 20+ years, but will never buy from them again. It's no wonder that they're shutting down stores all over the country. It's all about customer service folks. When will they figure that out? /rant off

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
call back and ask to speak with a supervisor. keep doing that until you reach who you need to reach. if tey have charged the CC, do a chargeback, the credit card co will generally give you your credit back no questions asked
Especially since you most definitely have a legitimate complaint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts