The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to rant and see if anyone know a solution short of buying a new pc. The built in mouse pad keeps taking me to links and I am not even trying to get there! If my mouse rolls over a link for too long, I get to visit the page. Is it possible to turn off a built in mouse?

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I somehow checked enabled clicklock. That is a horrible, evil feature. I am not sure what the purpose is other than to torture people like me. I actually have a wireless mouse around here somewhere. I should probably hook this up.

·
Registered
600 Posts
back up your important files and reinstall windows. see if that fixes the problem. i find the one of the fastest fixes for most windows problems. unless it acctually is a hardware problem.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I somehow checked enabled clicklock. That is a horrible, evil feature. I am not sure what the purpose is other than to torture people like me.
LOL this thread reminds me of a Windows feature at one time that allowed people to flip their screen upside down, or put it on mirror-image. And the default quick-key shortcut was automatically enabled for some reason! So I used to get calls from people saying their screen was upside down and they couldn't figure out how it happened, or how to undo it.

All I could think about was how not only is that a stupid function to exist in the first place, but it came automatically enabled, lol.

Sometimes you just have to figure that programmers and developers are trying to amuse themselves. It's the only possible explanation. :hihi:

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
LOL this thread reminds me of a Windows feature at one time that allowed people to flip their screen upside down, or put it on mirror-image. And the default quick-key shortcut was automatically enabled for some reason! So I used to get calls from people saying their screen was upside down and they couldn't figure out how it happened, or how to undo it.

All I could think about was how not only is that a stupid function to exist in the first place, but it came automatically enabled, lol.

Sometimes you just have to figure that programmers and developers are trying to amuse themselves. It's the only possible explanation. :hihi:
the only reason i can think of needing a screen upsidown is if were to be used like a console video game. back in the day console games like pac man and space invaders used an inverted moniter in the bottom of the cabinet which was reflected off of a mirror which corected the image. alot of those old cabinits are still around, but people retrofit them with a pc to have a vast library of games in 1 cabinet insted of 1 giant motherbord to run 1 game. but it is still a dumb idea...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.