The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my 14 gallon tank. It was my first tank (evident by the blue stains on the silicon from ick treatment lol) and it needs some work.

1st:
I plan on draining the tank and replacing the substrate with aqua soil and getting rid of most of the plants.
2nd:
I recently purchased a Rena Filstar xP3 with my pfd (Alaska permanent fund dividend) for my 56 and I am currently building up the bacteria in it. Once that is done I will take my Fluval 205 off the 56 and put it on the 14 :p. That should get rid off all the HOB mess.
3rd:
I really like my rock pile in this tank. Im thinking of moving it to the right side of the tank and rotating it 10 degrees clockwise. Im thinking the right side because almost all planted tanks I see the focal point is on the left. Im sold on the the rock layout, but am open to new ideas.

The tank has a standard 15w t8 6700k bulb. It has always seen growth but its slow. I used to have the Petsmart crap co2 yeast sugar thing on it...I pulled it off today, its junk. My co2 plan is excell for now. I have a fairly decent pressurized co2 system on my 56 and shelling out the cash for another system for this tank isn't really in my budget.

Just bouncing ideas around at this point and some input from the masters would be nice.

Thanks -Grogan

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just my 2 cents. I would go ahead and move the rock pile to the right and move all plants toward the left. Arrange them by size, either left-right or front-back. Do you have a foreground plant? You may want moss or hairgrass in the front.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rip my 14 gallon. It has been torn down and is being replaced by my new acrylic tank. Thanks for the input though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.