The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I bought a bunch of HG and planted in my walstad/flourite tank.

So far.. not so good, its verry brown/yellow with only a small ammount of dull green at the tips. It didnt look all that great when I first put it in, but it has only gotten worse.

Anything I could try to revive it?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I planted some hair grass on the 15th in some potting soil with a sand cap. I separated it into fairly small pieces and cut off most of the grass. (there is a good video of someone doing this online if you google it) It took over a week before I noticed any growth. Now I can see some of it is growing. I have it in a ten gallon with a 26 w spiral bulb, no CO2.

The only weird thing I have been doing is draining off the water every other day to help with the tanins.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, iI've been doing some heavy and often water changes also. Trying to get rid of the most tannins I can for now.

Soon ill be switching my 90g into a blackwater severum setup. So ill have one tank I do everything to remove tannins from, and another that I do everything too add tannins too lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.