The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I recently decided to try raising killies for the first time. Starting with eggs seemed the most interesting and cost effective way to begin. After a lengthy and surprisingly difficult search I found a seller who sent me 12 Fp Gardneri Misaje eggs. After a few weeks of water incubation, I now have 7 Gardneri fry! They are now 2 weeks old and seem to be in good shape. They get a small amount of microworm in the morning and some bbs in the evening as well as a daily 30% WC.There was a ton of fuzzy debris that kept forming in the water, as you can see in one of the photos. Diligent siphoning seemed to remedy this. They are still in a butter tub with java moss and najas, as I have yet to move them up to a larger tray. Does it sound like I'm doing everything right? I'd like to do everything I can to keep from losing any fry.

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yup , you're doing everything right . Might want to give them a bit more room soon . Maybe something like a plastic shoebox . Usually I put a small snail in the fry container a few days after hatching to deal with uneaten food , but that's because I'm too lazy to do the siphoning .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.