The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They gave me "border plants". I have what I believe is marsilea quadrifolia, Red stemmed parrots feather, and what was labeled as rotala indica. It doesnt have the right shape though, the leave are round... Anyways. All these plants are about a one 3 inch stem each, with a small rootball. They were all grown immersed in pots that had water reaching about 3 inches from the bottom. How do I go about planting them in my tank? I can take some pictures if it helps

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
You can just plant them in the substrate. However, there will be a period of time where the plants will need to transition from being grown emersed to being grown under water. So if the initial leaves die off, don't be concerned. As long as there's new growth the plant is fine.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can just plant them in the substrate. However, there will be a period of time where the plants will need to transition from being grown emersed to being grown under water. So if the initial leaves die off, don't be concerned. As long as there's new growth the plant is fine.
Oh cool... awesome... thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.