The Planted Tank Forum banner

21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I love the fish eye view of the room. All the tanks look great but, I think you have a serious addiction. :)
fish eye :flick:

can your girlfriend talk to mine? I'm slowly dragging her in. She loves her planted betta tank but hates that I don't stop talking about tanks hahaha

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Thanks man. It's coming along. Gonna be doing a 20l emersed soon. Any updates on things you have going on?
My tanks are all pretty much on auto at the moment. I've got lots of ideas but very little time to work on projects. I do need to do some planting this weekend in my 55s. I've got a bunch of Anubias plants(20+plants, just a few sp.) to add that have been floating in my 20L for at least a week.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
fish eye :flick:

can your girlfriend talk to mine? I'm slowly dragging her in. She loves her planted betta tank but hates that I don't stop talking about tanks hahaha
Hey man I don't know how I did it. I came home one day and the room that had a few tanks in she moved the furniture out and said make it look good with tanks and plants. I couldn't argue with that

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice room dude im jealous:icon_cool dude i dont even have water in my tank yet and driving my fiance crazy talking about it. I am asuming MTS multiple tank syndrome?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Which filter is that? How do you like it?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4
It's a sun sun 602 or 603 and I don't like it. No flow, the attachments it has would only fit rimless tanks. I have a ghetto lowest rig outflow. Currently I have that filter a big aquaclear and 2 tiny power heads in there. I took at the media out of the filter except one sponge, I might just fill it will scrubbers or bio balls and see how that works. I have a few other bigger sun sun filters and they are awesome. This one Is a disappointment. I wonder if I could upgrade the pump. I shortened the hoses quite a bit and rigged it up next to the tank to try and improve flow

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice setup! I want this someday, right now I have a 55G and a 10G. I like how you used the shelving units for your tanks. I thought about doing this as well and then attaching the light fixtures to the bottom of the shelves. I could stack 3 or even 4 tanks on top of each other this way. Maybe tax return season I will do it.

Awesome room!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Nice setup! I want this someday, right now I have a 55G and a 10G. I like how you used the shelving units for your tanks. I thought about doing this as well and then attaching the light fixtures to the bottom of the shelves. I could stack 3 or even 4 tanks on top of each other this way. Maybe tax return season I will do it.

Awesome room!
I attached one light to one shelf, this unit is 2 pieces for upright supports so I couldn't stack them the full height. But I like how this came out. Thanks for the kind words man.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
How do you do that with ferts?
Root tabs & less light! Hahaha!

not sure he meant with ferts. he has a few kick ass emersed tanks and an awesome riparium. check out his tanks.
Thanks man! I'll have to get some recent pics up! Your fish room is filling up nicely!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I'm a newbie. Are your emersed tanks meant to speed up growth?

If so, how is the transition for plants grown out of water to in water?
It speeds up growth and it allows me to have an endless producing plAnt bank for myself. and from what I've found when I clip from the emersed tank and plant in a submerged tank there is no melt of any kind.

21 - 40 of 137 Posts