The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got tired of soaking and boiling my wood so after a month I am tossing it in a tank. Right now the sump is full with a heater and I am making sure the bulkheads arent leaking. Heading off to the fish store in a bit to get some grass and moss

FIsh plans for now are to let it run a day or two and heat up. I have some wood from my other tank I will be putting in the tank for biological reasons, it will mostly be scatter terrain and maybe adding some more 3D effect, and a horizontal place to attach moss. I will have some anubias and crypts as well. Eventual fish are some various labyrinth fish and and some fancy guppies to breed and feed the predator fish. They will be going in first.

Tank is a 120 with a 40 gallon sump under it. Running with a canister filter with purigen to get rid of the yellows.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have boiled the wood literally for over 24 hours. In addition, to make it stand up I have tiles with holes drilled and a stainless steel screw holding them in place, then with the ecocomplete gravel on top. I am hooking up an actual filter today since my old canister had a crack. Going to do a large waterchange as well since its been running now for about a week and is very yellow. In the filter I will have 2 purigen packets, and several media chambers with ceramic bio material.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts