The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 adult male and 1 female Cyprichromis Leptosoma and 4 juveniles and I have 1 lonely Gold Lamprologus Ocellatus that need a new home. I'm about to put in a wood floor in the living room so the tank has to come down it's a 55 gallon. If you are interested in the tank also you can have it to, not to old maybe couple of years. Here's the catch, you have to come and get the fish and tank, I'm in NW Indiana. PM me if you are interested. Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Work in C.P. & live in Munster.... How soon do you need this moved? I'm finishing up new basement office in the next 2 weeks and would have room for it. I've always had a soft spot for Cryps but never was able to work them into my Tanganyika tanks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That kinda works out because the flooring won't be in for about two weeks according to homey depot but that can change which is not a big deal. We can go with the flow so I will pm you with my # so we can keep in touch if that's ok with you. Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
The wife rolled her eyes when I first brought up setting up a 3rd tank in the house when the new office is done. At least now I can say it's a Civic Duty as I'm adopting a pet from the community. She's the one always browsing the local dog shelters, so lets see her back-pedal out of this one!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wife rolled her eyes when I first brought up setting up a 3rd tank in the house when the new office is done. At least now I can say it's a Civic Duty as I'm adopting a pet from the community. She's the one always browsing the local dog shelters, so lets see her back-pedal out of this one!
Trapped by her own compassion LOL.:smile2: I will pm you with my #.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes, the fish found a new home. I wanted to give another big thank you to @quiquik for the beautiful fish & supplies. Let me know when you get back around to the new tank, I may have some C02 setups for you in return.

Now the hunt for a few more Oces to find her some friends.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the fish found a new home. I wanted to give another big thank you to @quiquik for the beautiful fish & supplies. Let me know when you get back around to the new tank, I may have some C02 setups for you in return.

Now the hunt for a few more Oces to find her some friends.
You are quite welcome, I'm glad to have been able to bless you. The wood flooring is coming along nicely, should be done with it this Saturday!

·
Registered
179 Posts
@quiquik
wanted to give you a quick update.... Unfortunately lost the Oci about 2-3 mo. after the move and a week later found one of the male Cyps behind the tank when I got home from work. Since then the M-F pair have had 4 hatches and currently holding again. I've averaged 5-6 fry from each hatch and put them in a breeder basket with at least 4 surviving from each batch to 1" when I reintroduce them to the school.

I ended up adding 8 Synodontis lucipinnis cats to fill out the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@quiquik
wanted to give you a quick update.... Unfortunately lost the Oci about 2-3 mo. after the move and a week later found one of the male Cyps behind the tank when I got home from work. Since then the M-F pair have had 4 hatches and currently holding again. I've averaged 5-6 fry from each hatch and put them in a breeder basket with at least 4 surviving from each batch to 1" when I reintroduce them to the school.

I ended up adding 8 Synodontis lucipinnis cats to fill out the bottom of the tank.
As you can tell I've been out of the loop for quite some time. Sad to hear about the Oci but great that the Cyps are happy and breeding for you! It's been months now and I'm just now thinking about getting back into the hobby but maybe with a 20 gal long instead of going much bigger to a 125 gal, anyway good to hear from you and again sorry for such a late responcse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts