The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have built a few regulators before mostly for friends & personal use.
This time I took a chance on a used Matheson 3810 ( body/chassis only) from e bay, I took the gamble since the offered price of 40.00 was accepted shipping was another 20.00 to Canada.
Looks like I lucked in, since the regulator passed with flying colors, now I sit tight & wait for the acquired parts to arrive :icon_smil
I will update as the build progresses.
Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ exv LOL - gauges will be here soon( wika 232.54)
Post body - stainless swagelok fittings already acquired
SMC check valve - on order
Parker HR Precision Metering Valve 2F-H3L-V-SS-TC -already have
Burkert 6011- already have
CGA 320 stainless steel - on order

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get this instead of the bronze push in fitting. You can have this for free, or look for it in stores ,its about 2 - 5 bucks.

the fitting on there now is only to plug the opening, I`m awaiting one along with my gauges to arrive, whenever my buddy decides he is going to mail them:icon_smil was to supposed to be mailed out 2 weeks ago:icon_frow

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice progress Charlie, this one's shaping up to be your go to reg.
It sure looks that way :hihi:, that means one of my Linde will become a back up or I start another tank:icon_smil
This thread looks like a Canadian post only thread:hihi::hihi:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

Hahah we both started our build out the same way. Here some things I found interesting when making mine, maybe it will help you along the way. Not that I think you need help, just some cool features I like.

*You're going to love the Matheson, it has a filter already installed on the inlet CGA320.
*You can also remove the cap and adjust the adjustment knob. There is a nut that stops the handle, you can set this at a certain psi.
*You can also, turn the cap so the Matheson M is never upside down or sideways * cough , like my Concoa.
*When you teflon the threads, leave the last few ones empty. It will look cleaner, but it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have built a few regulators before mostly for friends & personal use.
This time I took a chance on a used Matheson 3810 ( body/chassis only) from e bay, I took the gamble since the offered price of 40.00 was accepted shipping was another 20.00 to Canada.
Looks like I lucked in, since the regulator passed with flying colors, now I sit tight & wait for the acquired parts to arrive :icon_smil
I will update as the build progresses.
Regards
This may be a dumb question but you mention the regulator passed, how did you test it without gauges? I have never tested a regulator before so I didn't know that was possible.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This may be a dumb question but you mention the regulator passed, how did you test it without gauges? I have never tested a regulator before so I didn't know that was possible.
Thanks guys.
I tested with 2 chrome gauges I have in reserve before ordering any parts, also used a chrome cga 320 nut & nipple .
The final build will all be stainless.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Very nice..A few of my parts are coming in today so I'm excited. Regulator, needle valve OD adapter and push to connect. I will be outside waiting for my mailman!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts