The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I used to be really into the hobby, then I left the country for two years...but now I'm back and have decided to kick things off by mounting a 3 gallon nano...Starting with some emersed plants...

3 gallon nano cube
Eco Complete
1 x 13 Watt CFL Daylight
Flora:
HC Cuba
Dwarf hairgrass

Fauna:
TBA

(right after setting up 11.09.2012)

(Got the DHG today!!! 11.16.2012)

Well we'll see how this college apartment experiment goes...Até mais galera!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Update

Here's my weekly update. It's been 2 weeks since the HC has been in, and one week with the DHG. The HC is really taking off, but the DHG is turning brown. I've been misting with water laced with Flourish, but to no avail. After about the second day the DHG turned like this, and it hasn't gotten better. But it also hasn't gotten worse. Any help?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Help me somebody!!!

Well it seems like really no one gives a hoot, but I will keep posting, in hopes that one day some one will reply. It's been weeks since I started the emersed setup, and my HC has really taken off, rooting and spreading and all that jazz. My DHG however, is pitiful. It's been in their for about 3 weeks I believe and really has not shown much sign of growth. Really only signs of death. I gave it a haircut in hopes that it would help, but still nothing. Can ANYONE help me on this? Or will my DHG die in vain? I've scoured the internet, but I don't see anything that seems to be in common with other problems I read about. ANYTHING???

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Give it some more time... Dhg as you probably know grows by runners... It will take some time to come up through the substrate... The hc just spreads on top of the substrate so you ll notice more growth on it before you do the dhg
I must admit though that I checked the roots and saw no evidence of runners on many plantlets even after 3 weeks though... :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Don't have to be ashamed.... When I switched some submersed dhg to emerged it took some time to "transform" to it's emerged state.... It also browned out like that...once it takes off though it'll grow quickly...patience is your friend... I have learned lots of it in this hobby
Okay I'll wait out some more then. By chance, do you remember more or less how long it took for yours to take off? I'd like an idea of how long I should wait before I pull the plug and get something else...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Great Flood

So I got the itchy fingers and watching my DHG, I just decided to flood the darn thing. So I did. The DHG is looking better already and the HC seems to be doing well too.

HC Pearling

DHG looking better, but I seem to be getting a little hair algae. I'll be double dousing Excel to see about about...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.