The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my first attempt at a nano tank. It's a 5.5 gallon with a coralife mini, and right now it has a Whisper filter that is probably too big but I have the flow cut back. I haven't scaped it yet, just planted the plants without regard to where they were going. Plus they need to grow a little. I went through my 75 and got a few of the smaller plants and ones that were floating. They were unplanted for a while and had started growing curved, but I think they have started straightening out. Once the driftwood sinks I'll work on it. One question, is the 18watt light adequate? I know I want ~5 corydoras (pygmaeus or hastatus). Any ideas for a smaller tetra or barb that I could put 4 or 5 of in here? I know that is a pretty heavy load but water changes aren't too tough with this thing. Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the light is on top of the glass canopy. I should probably find a way to elevate it so the light gets to both ends of the tank.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
yea, and that isn't a whole lot of light either, so watch out if you have really high light plants in there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is mainly the java fern, java moss, and crypts, these should be ok. The stem plants are bacopa and one other that I don't know. If they don't make it, oh well. I remove the dead ones and put in more from my bigger tank. I'm not going to use CO2 so I don't need too much light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts