The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: 1 week old pics in post 11

This setup has been running in its current (hopefully final) form for only 2 days.

I finally got everything in place - dry ferts, excel, flourish, DIY CO2. I bought pretty much most of the plants you see here from alan t j. The e. tenellus started melting on me the day I got it, probably from shipping, but it stopped the next day. I hope it'll grow back strong. Pretty much all the other plants grow pretty great with many getting extra leaves and throwing new roots every day. I don't get much pearling except from the plants that are directly in front of the CO2 stream from the Hagen Elite diffuser. But, what the hey, as long as things grow and I don't get too much algae I guess I'll be happy. We'll see.

I have also no idea how to aquascape so I just pretty much threw everything together. Maybe when it fills in I'll have some better idea of what to do. Or maybe someone here will tell me.

That's all.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Really nice, I love the contrast in colors! And you pics arent crappy, their way better than mine which, unfourtunatly is not saying much! (;

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow thanks for the positive comments guys! This is my first ever tank that is so sophisticated, so I'm extremely excited about seeing it grow. What's cool is that everything in there is growing and I see new leaves spring up every day. Even a tiny piece of some plant that I just stuck into the substrate is green and growing. In any of my previous tanks this would have never happened.

I am wondering, why are some of my plants' leaves stretched upwards? It's as if they are trying to reach the light. What does that mean?

As far as the aquascape... I don't feel like I have a lot of variety in the look but right now I'm tired of moving things around so I decided I will just lay my hands off of it for a few weeks, just do my upkeep and observe, but not change anything. We'll see!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since I added my 2L bottle of CO2 the growth has been nothing short of insane. I'll take some pictures tomorrow but just wanted to share one from a couple days ago when I found my angels have been frisky!

Too bad that most of the eggs turned white today and got eaten by the parents. I guess the daddy was shooting blanks... Well, I guess there's always next time. lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 week later

I am pretty amazed by the transformation in only 1 week, I have to say... I'm adding Excel according to directions plus I have a 2L bottle of CO2 going. Plants are pearling on the underside of leaves. Not crazy, but plenty.

I think I got the hang of the picture taking as well. These ones aren't as crappy as the original ones I think :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
your first tank is awesome and you will get only better as i could see that you know how to handle the plants well. however try to hide that white pipe in your tank, it makes the tank looks unnatural.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts