The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Arsenal:
  • Aqueon 20G Long (braces taken off, clear corner braces siliconed on)
  • Oase Thermo 200 (Media: bio, sponge and carbon)
  • ADA Amazonia Aquasoil Ver 2 with a Layer of BiOrb Ceramic media for bio filtration
  • Jardli 13mm Glass lily pipe set
  • Lighting: temporarily the Current USA Satellite Plus Pro but changing to Current Serene Sun Le Pro (better par values)
  • about 15 lbs of Seiryu Stone and some Spider Wood for the Hardscape
  • 5 lbs CO2 tank with regulator and solenoid on a timer 2 hours before lights come on and shut off 1 hour prior to lights out
  • ADA inline check valve to prevent water back flow through air tubing
  • Inline CO2 Diffuser
  • CO2 Drop Checker
  • ADA foggy screen (for a translucent background)
- Plants came in today: S. Repens, Rotala Rotundifolia (Orange Juice), Micranthemum "Monte Carlo". spent the whole day planting each species piece by piece but realized I over ordered so I had the luxury of planting liberally.

- Started filling up my tank but didn't like the filter intake and outflow pipes so I replaced them with lily pipes. I have to say that was a chore in itself! I bought two sets of lily pipes - the one with the surface skimmer was too long for my 20 long so I picked up the 13mm pipes but they were a little too small/thin for the tubing that comes with the Oase Thermo 200 (5/8"). so I had to be creative and make my own coupling system for it. what a pain!

- Put the Monte Carlo in the foreground for a nice carpet the S Repens around the rocks, and the Rotala in the background (More Rotala coming!)

- This is the result (for now). I have Christmas moss and BUNCH of Anubias Nana Petite to add to the drift wood. Stay tuned as I continue this journey!

- Almost forgot to show off my little Twinstar Nano hehe

- oh and the underbelly

Will continue more updates as I go along! Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Good night!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice! I’ll be following along. I’m doing the same in starting a proper scaped system. How do you like the filter? I hear good things about Oase and am planning to go with one. Now off to read part 1.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! I’ll be following along. I’m doing the same in starting a proper scaped system. How do you like the filter? I hear good things about Oase and am planning to go with one. Now off to read part 1.
to be honest, I think this filter isn't the best. I should have opted for the biomaster series which has a self prime function. getting the filter to start was a challenge and I wish the output flow was a tad bit higher but it'll do. not planning to overstock the tank when that time comes.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
following this....building my first planted tank and what you have going is fantastic...thanks for sharing
hi Kimmy! Thanks for the kind words! I’d be happy to share my experiences with you when you get started. I’ve been out of the hobby for a while but recently decided I couldn’t stay away from it. My Biggest task now is to do daily water changes so my tissue culture plants dont Melt haha! Let me know if you ever have any questions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.