The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
It looks like you don't have a prefilter for your filter. You need that to keep shrimp, especially baby shrimp, out of the filter.

What tank is this? I been wondering. Nice start. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I will have to look into a prefilter. I've been watching to see if they would try to get in there but so far so good. I am sure if/when I get babies they would prob get into it so I will have to figure something out. Nylons or something?

I have no clue as to the brand of the tank. I bought the whole package off CL for $15.. :icon_smil

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great! I cannot wait! So a question about a prefilter: Does this limit the filter? It seems as if you wouldn't suck up as much waste and whatnot as without one?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I got the pre-filter on after just having to cut out the middle a bit but I think it's a perfect fit! Thanks for the advice!

I got a pic of the biggest and smallest shrimp in the tank currently. The small guy is usually hard to notice unless your looking for him.

The last pic is what I thought was a pregnant shrimp but after googling and looking at images maybe I am just wishful thinking?

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.