The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...was never "authorized". I posted a very LONG and detailed explanation of the dealings with my freshwater planted tank 3 days ago. Upon clicking the submit button, I was greeted with the page saying something along the lines of the post needed authorization. How long does this take?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wonderful, this went through just fine. Looks like my long post got blitzed. The hell if I'm typing that all out again anytime soon. :-(

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Sometimes when you get that message, just hit the back button and submit it again. It'll usually take it then. (Been there....Done that....)

·
Registered
705 Posts
but then sometimes you accidentally double post lol :hihi:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sorry to hear... With all my posts, especially really long ones, I always push crtl+a and then crtl+c. That's to copy the whole thing just in case something like that happens, which it has happened to me before.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
but then sometimes you accidentally double post lol :hihi:
Not if you get that "not authorized...." message you don't. If you happen to double post from some other reason; it's very easy to delete one of the double posts.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Sorry to hear... With all my posts, especially really long ones, I always push crtl+a and then crtl+c. That's to copy the whole thing just in case something like that happens, which it has happened to me before.
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Gladiator
That is one of my favorite movies.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
This is a new feature (the authorization) that we're working on getting ironed out. It is supposed to help cut down on the number of spammers who get a screen name and make their first post an advertisement. it looks at post count and keywords I believe, and Kyle is working on making it less picky. Before if you posted a URL in your first post it would flag it, among other things.

Sorry about the confusion, looks like bharada got you approved. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to get on these sooner and there will be less authentic posts flagged as spam.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Another option, which I sometimes do, is write your longer messages out in wordpad. Then, copy/paste it to the forum. This is pretty much the same as what filipnoy85 said. I've been burned several times and most of the time when it happens, I don't bother re-writing the message.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts