The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the first aquarium plants I bought in 20+ years

I bought 9x Pogostemon Erectus and they look great. Most of them already already have roots starting.

OK, what the heck do I do now. They came so fast they surprised me. I threw a couple of inches of water in a 10 gallon and there they float. I'm going to clean them and quarantine against snails but is there anything I can do to help roots start.

Some Oxygen, soil, CO2, fertilizer, Bourbon?

·
Registered
97 Posts
u can dry start them to boost the growth, once the plants are well established and anchored to the substrate, flood the tank.

·
Banned
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be a month before the big tank is ready for water. I guess I could dump some organic soil into the 10 and stick them in.

Can't hurt

·
Registered
605 Posts
Is the 10 gallon flooded, or will it be? Does the big tank have substrate?

To hedge my bets I would personally plant some in moist substrate and some in substrate underwater. If you're doing a dry start on the big tank (and it has substrate) maybe add three Pogos?

·
Banned
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Decided I needed to keep all plants separate iuntil I could check each for snails. So I brought in the pots and pans. Added a mall amount of Miracle Grow, added a small amount of Baking Soda and a 60 watt light bulb.

After a week of this I should have roots? (some already have small roots)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts