The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I just wanted to share with you my first planted tank. It is an 8x8x8 nano cube which holds about 1.5 gallons. I used a relatively large rock as my father stone because I wanted the scale of this tank to be dramatic. The foreground is DHG and the back is Lobelia Cardinalis. This tank is two weeks old to the day. The DHG definitely needed some time to adjust, but has started producing healthy roots into the substrate with a few runners. My goal is to eventually have a very lush, dense carpet that I will cut short to simulate grass and make the father stone seem even larger. I had an issue with the original filter (an Aqueon Whisper 1-3 gal.) because it wasn't circulating the water seemingly at all. The surface was starting to produce a light film :surprise: I upgraded to an AquaTech 5-15 HOB filter which seems to be creating the desired amount of circulation.

I know it's nothing crazy, but for a first attempt at aquascaping I think it's going pretty well. I can't wait to see the progress!

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any update on this? I like the shape of the father stone. Very imposing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts