The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
update- lots of plants! scroll down ;)
-----------

Hey guys, looking at the amazing tanks on this forum inspired me to start a planted tank
this is a work in progress, im still waiting for plants to arrive
but here it is
constructive critisism please, bear in mind im a 16 yr old noob :icon_mrgr

so what u think

·
Registered
556 Posts
hey felix,

I believe I was around 15 when I started getting serious with planted tanks and aquascaping. The hobby grew really fast, I made a lot of mistakes, learned from them, and created some GREAT tanks imo.

I suggest you get some better equipment so you can see the full potential of the plants. Substrate, lighting, co2.

Definitely post an update once your plants have arrived.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol
im a bit worried for when the plants arrive, i ordered 50 coldwater plants and a large riccia carpet :p i have no idea were I am going to put them all

5 Elodea Densa
5 Red Water Rose
5 Green Water Rose
5 Water Wisteria
5 Hygrophilia Polysperma
5 Large Bacopa
5 Red Ludwigia
5 Vallis Corkscrew
5 Red Myriophyllum
5 Augustfolia
i got that lot for a tenner which i think is not bad
I have a question though, what are the placing of theese plants, eg. background, foreground, midground?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You might have to consider a change in fish species. The goldfish are going to see your new plants as a snack bar. :eek:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually before i rescaped i had 8 elodea in there and they were fine for weeks
maybe my fish are not too hungry
still i will heed your advise and look into converting this tank to tropical

is that a good idea or not?
all i have in there apart from the fish are ramshorns and a golden apple, and the plants shouldent be affected?

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
How many gallons? It looks like a good start. Those Comets/Commons are probably going to eat those plants. It will come in time. The only plants my Comets never ate was Anachris and Java Fern. Turning to a tropical is best with aqauriums due to most coldwater fish sizes and herbivorious needs.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeh i know i will have to give up my goldfish sooner or later, but for the moment they stay, as i have no money left over for new fish

my dad is a professional photographer, so i will ask him to take some good pictures of the tank ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts