The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone i just wanted to share with you my very first venture into the planted tank kingdom. I just purchased this ada 60p with archaea light and eheim 2213 canister filter. I have some eleocharis parvulus hair grass growng in the foregournd along with java moss covered rocks wth some japoinica. along the back i have planted some micrathemum for some mid level plants and a few petite nanas on the drift wood. in the right corner i have planted a bunch of mryothyllam tuberculatum to give the tank a little color. im going to remove that bunch of rotundifolia floating around in the corner just don't know where to put it right now. maybe feed it to my kois in my pond. lol now im just waiting for all the plants to fill up. ill post more pictures later as it progresses. Im looking to possibly start a crs family in here are there any other suggestions?

updated pictures

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok I had to do some rearranging of my scape. It wsa looking too crowded for me and was not what i was looking for. I added some trident fern and then removed it cuase it was more of an eye sore. so this is the final scape i ended up with. the moss on the soon to become a java moss tree is growing and the dwarf hg is starting to sprout. Its coming along really slow without a co2 injection system.

had an outbreak of hair algae but the seachem excel seems to be doing the trick. is getting under control.

I also added a long fin albino pleco to help with algae and the first shrimp testers thanks to trigun808

I am getting in some crs and cbs this week so hopefully they do well. not sure if they will like the hair grass once it all fills out. My first planted tank and shrimp tank. any suggestions or coments would be appreciated

wil post more pics later to update

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looking good! once all the emersed form of the hairgrass dies off it will really start to take off it will look really good! whats that reddish plant behind the rock? i like it alot
the red plant is mryothallym tubercallatum i think its supposed to get redder but i think i would need a co2 system

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice looking tank. You must be so proud of this, being it's your first planted tank. How long have you been researching how to keep them?

Regards,
Phil
there is a local store that does only aquascapes and i just kept going in there and picking his brain. im loving this hobby its really addicting. i wake up every morning excited to see whats new in the tank. Having lots of fun and my kids are really enjoying it. :red_mouth

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
there is a local store that does only aquascapes and i just kept going in there and picking his brain. im loving this hobby its really addicting. i wake up every morning excited to see whats new in the tank. Having lots of fun and my kids are really enjoying it. :red_mouth
it is a great hobby isn't it. waking up in the morning to see what's new is great unless it is algae! :confused1:

looks great:thumbsup:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it is a great hobby isn't it. waking up in the morning to see what's new is great unless it is algae! :confused1:

looks great:thumbsup:
thank you all for you wonderful comments. I will post up more pics once the tank starts to fill in. Im still learning how to use my slr so pardon the blurry pictures.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok here are some new pictures of the tank. added a few more plants and decided to move the drift wood.

here are some pictures of my shrimps eating

I just got my co2 injection but im still having problems with hair algae. any suggestions on how to solve this issue? Should i start dosing ferts? im already using excel in addition to my co2 injection.

any suggestion?

thanks for looking

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.