The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd get some opinions on my first scape! Apologies for the crappy cameraphone pics. Water is a little yellow from tannins from the new driftwood and cloudy from disturbed MTS.

A few things to note: I literally just planted everything about an hour ago, so obviously it's going to look significantly different as things grow in. The rotala macandra is in pretty rough shape from shipping. There is a row of anachris plants behind the driftwood that is pretty much impossible to see at this point.

In the blank spot in the middle left background is going to be a barclaya longofilia as soon as the bulb arrives in the mail.

Hoping to eventually grow a carpet of HC in the foreground.

The tank is a 37 gallon, which is just about the worst footprint imaginable for a planted tank as it's very tall (24 inches) and narrow (12 inches front to back). The challenge was to create depth and not have an empty top half of the tank. So far I'm pretty pleased with the depth and hopeful that the height issue will be addressed when the background plants and the barclaya grow up!

Comments are welcome.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Not too shabby! I too have this awkward shaped tank. It's just where I plant my trimmings though. I think it's going to look really nice when it fills in and you get the HC in place. What kind of lighting do you have? What is your fertilization plan? Future livestock?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lighting is an Odyssea 2x24 T5HO fixture.

Dosing Excel for now until I can put together a pressurized CO2 system over the next few weeks. The substrate is MTS under black sand so I should not need to dose any ferts except a small amount of potassium when the potash runs out.

Stocking plans are fluid at the moment. I'm thinking a pair of golden angels, a school of cardinal tetras and then some combination of cories/otos/BN pleco for a cleaning crew.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.