The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 29g tank that i'm constantly working on. It's my first planted tank and i've poured everything into it. Let me know what you think...

Here's a little before and after picture to show you the growth:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tank is evolving nicely, what lighting are you using. How often do you change the Co2 mixture?
Thank you, Urkevitz. I'm using two T5 Coralife light fixtures on my tank. I change my Co2 mixture about every 3 to 4 weeks. Each batch has a different life expectancy. Not sure if you can tell in my picture to the right but I have 2 separate DIY Co2 diffusers. The clear as day one is my Hagen ladder - I have it hooked up to two 2liter bottles T'd together. The second diffuser is a ceramic glass diffuser I got from my bud HooHaa that's also hooked up to two 2liter bottles T'd together.

I just really wanted to make sure I have enough Co2. My plants pearl nicely so I think it's working pretty well.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Wow! The plant growth is great, that Java Moss really grew in too! Glad to see that your hard work is paying off nicely :) Congrats!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! The plant growth is great, that Java Moss really grew in too! Glad to see that your hard work is paying off nicely :) Congrats!
Thanks RESGuy! It's actually Taiwan moss but it almost looks the same as java moss. :) I only had a tiny clump shipped to me when I first started this tank and now it's exploded! haha!

I know I need some background plants to hide my equipment, does anyone recommend some nice background plants that'll contrast with my other red background plant? Feel free to shout out some suggestions! :icon_smil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts