The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
I really like the variety of greens and leaf shapes that you have in there! Please keep posting pictures as it grows in!

How many gallons is it, and what are the inhabitants? Are you planning any kind of foreground planting?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all
The tank is a 55-gallon. 2 corallife T5 56 watt fixtures, CO2, mostly soilmaster with a little onyx sand for the substrate. 2 dwarf blue gouramis for now. Later some rummy nose tetras and some rasboras. As for the plants I could not tell you what is in there or what to use for foreground plants. I am a Discus nut used to bare bottom tanks. Dove rite in (no pun intended) with out a clue. I just hope I can keep it alive and healthy.
What are some good foreground plants?
Earl

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All
Thanks for all the positive comments. I am happy with the way it turned out. I am excited to see how it develops. I am sure that I will have to move plants around as they grow due to not knowing which plants will be taller than others. I just placed them where they looked OK to start. A lot to learn yet. I will post pics as she matures.
Earl

·
Registered
558 Posts
HC makes a great foreground, easy to grow but starts slow to spread at first and little more pricey than some. HM fast grower, cheap, but grows everywhere and not very neat. Pygmy Chain Sword, great color, grows quick, takes a while to "fill". Crypt parva, slow grower, sometimes hard to find enough for good start. There are a lot of others but these are some I use.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Looks good Earl, I like those driftwood pieces. A black background would definitely make the tank look a lot different, and better too! Consider it :)

Overall, your off to a good start! Better than I did ... at least :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.