The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had a small 10gal planted tank for a couple years, but it was just kind of thrown together and I wanted to build something much more "designed" but natural...

So welcome my new 125 gallon planted tank :D

Just wanted to keep an ongoing record of the tank and progress so I figured I'd share it with you guys since everyone one this forum has been very helpful and informative. Thanks everyone, you helped me get it all setup...

Check it out here: :proud:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/myTanks/3024-adstudio3d.html

Nate

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
those are Co2 bubbles... took the pics before i put the Co2 reactor in. I may put a small bubbler in the tank with the same stubby stone for night time use... the bubbles looked cool with my nightlights ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, it really looks really bare right now I know haha...
But I wanted to do a scape with the 400lb boulder I dug up in my basement while putting my bathroom in. Big thanks to my buddy for the jack hammer! haha

I'm going to be adding fissidens fontanus, Fissidens zippelianus, Cryptocoryne parva, and Limnophila aromatica as soon as I find some. I may do some riccia but I'm not sure I want to deal with it yet. It will look MUCH better after the hairgrass starts to fill in and other plants grow.

I've never done a tank this size, how long does it usually take for dwarf hair grass to fill in a 125? I started with 5 pots of hairgrass, and 3 pots of microswords, I split them into probably 30 seperate plants. (4watts per gallon, Co2, and PPS pro for reference)

And the substrate is eco-complete

And I really need to move that heater! haha

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Finally got around to putting the wood how I wanted, and when I finally get my fissidens and mosses, that heater should finally disappear...

New layout for driftwood, may do a large java fern or something in the back right corner. Still debating what I want to do back there...

The first two days I never saw my lil rainbow shark, but now he never hides.
Just chillin on his ledge ;)

Grass is starting to spread, and new cory's munching around...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts