The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ey guys.. jut sarted with this great hobby.. im from the philippines, so its really hard for me to get hold of lots of good plants..my budget is only 3000 Philippine Peso.. (around $60 US)
25 gallon tank.. (by inches.. LXHXW) 24X16X15
lights : 2 T5 14 watt..thats it...
i used clay and riversand for the substrate..
plants are ( common names being used here)
stargrass, HC (cuba), riccia, pearl grass (or pearl weed) sagitaria subulata, westeria, cryptocorine brown?, medusa, ludwigia repens and gladulosa, singaporean cabomba, bacopa,java moss..
inhabitant are glowlight, head and taillight, rummy nose tetras, red chery, ghost shrimps, and nerites..
filter is CY20 .. CO2 is Azoo Carbon Plus...
+/- comments are ooooh so welcome...
suggestions are also welcome to improve my 1st tank..
thats not me.. just a couple of friends trying to help out..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice hardscape! Welcome to the planted tank. This is going to be quite a beautiful tank once it fills in.
u really think so? thank u so much for the compliment.. ^_^ bt i did have a hard time with that hardscape. ^^,

Yeah for sure, that's very impressive for someone who's never had a planted tank before. Good job! :proud:
^^, thank u so much!

i'll update the tank weekly or every other week.. ^^

·
Registered
548 Posts
I didnt know they sold those types of plants in the Philippines...
Where are you in the Philippines? I used to live in Laguna.. :)

Nice hardscape btw..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didnt know they sold those types of plants in the Philippines...
Where are you in the Philippines? I used to live in Laguna.. :)
^_^ im in cebu.. yah, there are some limited plants being sold here.. it really saddens me coz all of my favourite plants are not available.. =(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update!

heres an update on my newbie tank..ireplaced the cryptocorine wendtii with nessea sp.. ^_^

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I also really like your hardscape! It will look really nice when it grows in some more.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I really like you tank. I rarely make comments but the first thing i thought when i saw it was "Jurassic Park."
Keep it up

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
looks great!!! I like it
thank you so much!!

I really like you tank. I rarely make comments but the first thing i thought when i saw it was "Jurassic Park."
Keep it up
lols!! thanks! how bout i put in small plastic t-rex in? hehehehehe!! ^_^

Wow, GREAT scape!
thanks!!

guys,thank you so much for the compliments.. ill update the tank 3 weeks from now. or maybe a month.. ^_^ im still havin some problems with my HC coz its not growing.. its not dead, bt its not growing.. and i cant afford to buy a new batch, or add in more light and buy a co2 tank..

1 - 20 of 56 Posts