The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up one of the little plastic bow front kits from Walmart. This is my first attempt at a planted freshwater tank although I ran a 50 gal reef for almost two years previously.

The tank is aprox 2.5 gal. I'm running a little whisper internal filter with a big bag of carbon.
My light is a desk lamp with a 23 watt CF screw in
I'm using substrate I got from petsmart. Not sure if its good or not but i like the color
I wasn't planning on doing co2 at first but I came to my senses and I have a paintball set up on order from one of the guys on the sale forum.

I'm not sure exactly what type my fish are maybe someone could id them?
All of my plants are from other forum members
Dwarf hairgrass
Microswords
And honestly don't know what the plants in the back are calledp
Here's some picks pretty happy with it hope everything grows in well

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tank has been running for about 3 weeks. Planted a little hc from dollface in the front I have a paintball co2 system filled and ready to go except I got the wrong size needle valve! Will have it running tomorrow. Kitty puss likes to watch the fishies

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got my co2 setup and running a bubble every 2 or 3 seconds my plants are pearling like crazy. I also traded the whisper for a toms mini internal filter its much smaller then the other filter but it produces great flow. With the spray bar attatchment it really keeps the surface water moving, preventing scummy buildup. Plants browned out a little bit but there's lots of new growth at the bases and even some runners. Ill post pics when I have something more to show

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.