The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If it lives and you like it, you did great! :) I like the look of it, nice red/white balance. Probably means it's not a super high grade shrimp, but oh well, it's pretty.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Looks like a V shape for the red pattern but the white is a bit broken. Could be just being put into the tank too, give it a few days to see how the color whitens up.

Not a bad pick from a LFS and the lower grades one are honestly more hardy. The higher the grade, the more sensitive they can become to water parameters, etc, so its a great starter crystal to see if you keep alive.

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
congrats on your first CRS...once you go shrimp you'll never go back! :) Next time when you're ready for more shrimps get them from the SnS here...a fraction of the price and better quality.:proud:

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
congrats on your first CRS...once you go shrimp you'll never go back! :) Next time when you're ready for more shrimps get them from the SnS here...a fraction of the price and better quality.:proud:
I can agree, welcome to the shrimp addiction, you'll spend hours watching your tank. Then your 2nd tank. Then your 3rd tank. lol. I just got a 2.5 gal today to setup for either my higher quality crystals eventually, my tigers, or my fire painted reds, I'm just not sure yet. We'll see how good I get at keeping the water parameters in check first and what pH I can get it stable at.

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Looks like a V shape for the red pattern but the white is a bit broken. Could be just being put into the tank too, give it a few days to see how the color whitens up.

Not a bad pick from a LFS and the lower grades one are honestly more hardy. The higher the grade, the more sensitive they can become to water parameters, etc, so its a great starter crystal to see if you keep alive.
It used to be the case that higher grades were more sensitive, but theyre pretty much all hardy now.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's all good! :) CRS = Crystal Red Shrimp!

the crawl around and sometimes swim. interesting little creatures. Im not so sure about tiger barbs, they can be a bit nippy.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I really like your shrimp! I'm not into the super high grade ones, I prefer some nice thick bands!

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i guess if I wanted perfect shrimp, i could have paid 10.00 or more for each one. I actually like the misfits because of the coloration patterns

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
i guess if I wanted perfect shrimp, i could have paid 10.00 or more for each one. I actually like the misfits because of the coloration patterns
Yes, I like some of my lower grade ones as well because of the patterns on them and can't ever see myself paying $500 for some special flower this, no entry that. lol.

I do have a few higher grades but I got them at a really good price and mostly just wanted another strain/gene pool to add to mine, since all my initial ones came from the LFS.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just picked some up from a local guy today. They are so tiny. I'm like most of you, I prefer the lower grade ones with red and white.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts