The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had 4 tiger shrimp, 1 died after getting it and the seller is going to replace. Also had a few crystals die and I asked to be replaced with more tigers to start some tiger breeding. Last night I was looking for my 3 as the tank I have for them is almost ready and I could only find 1. I know if a shrimp dies, the others will eat it along with the snails, but I usually always watch my tank throughout the day so I was puzzled that I didn't see 2 of them being eaten or dead.

Clean my filter tonight, 2 tigers and a crystal in the bottom hanging out, starting at me, like, hey. lol. So glad I looked. My prefilter has gotten clogged and I was getting tired of cleaning it every few days so I left it off while I thought of something else to do and that must have been when they got sucked in.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me too. I was bummed, I have 3 male tigers in with my crystals right now and was supposed to get 5 more females so I was hoping that they could start breeding, got their tank all cycled, letting lights run 24hrs to build up a bit of algae for them, got guppies in there keeping it cycled, pH, gH perfect, and then could only find 1 last night. Ripped the tank apart. They're back in the crystal tank right now wandering around. lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.