The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first attempt at a planted tank. I bit off a lot deciding to make it a discus tank as well. So far everything has gone great and I really couldn't be happier. Only issue I am having is with gsa which I am hoping to correct by raising my phosphate levels.

My plants seem to be growing like crazy and fish doing well. So far am pleased. All thanks to this forum

The tank has gone through a few changes as I go.

The discus are from Kenny and I just also ordered a 5" rafflesia which will be soon added after QT

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I like it. Have you thought about a black background?

I am setting up a 75gal and looking at the same lighting. I want to have carpet and am being told that I need 2 lights for that. I guess one is working out for you?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like it. Have you thought about a black background?

I am setting up a 75gal and looking at the same lighting. I want to have carpet and am being told that I need 2 lights for that. I guess one is working out for you?

Actually yes I discovered a black background makes the tank look so much better. I actually hung a black table cloth behind the tank temporarily and looks so much better.

As far as carpet goes.... All I've read says carpeting plants need high light but I've read other things that say they can work with medium lighting. I just added some S Repens to my tank. It has only been a few days so I'll see how it goes. I had pygmy chain sword in the foreground and it grew into a huge bush in a short time so I removed it.

As for lighting I really didn't realize with the depth front to back of a 75 a second fixture would be much better. I actually added a stingray just to show off the fish better. Don't think it really gives you much par for growing but makes the fish look great.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.