The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, thanks to all who has given me help. After four months of this fantastic hobby, I've decided to take the plunge and attempt some aquascaping. I started off with this

Lol. As you can see, low tech all the way for that tank. Just java moss. And now, my new look

Kind amatuerish still, but overall I'm happy with the way it turned out. Anyway, with mostly hornwart and java fern, can my tank remain low tech? (dosing flourish currently, with 2 wpg and no co2)

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Nice tank, I love the way it's viewable from both sides. Do you have it set up in the middle of a room or something?

I think you may run into algae troubles, but might as well try it. Hornwort is a great nutrient absorber, so you might be OK. ALso, Hornwort is a floating plant...it won't grow roots and I gaurantee it not stay in the substrate long-term....unless you use plant wieghts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the compliments. Yup its in the middle of the room. I dont have weights, so i improvised and used lengths of stainless wire instead

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Nice wood. I like it. Dude, you're from Singapore. Where is the moss? :smile: That will look great with Java Fern. I'd keep it low tech and headache free too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeap from Singapore. All the moss is currently residing in the overflow compartment of my dad's koi pond.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts