The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to go DSM with this tank to give it a try. I am very happy with the results so far. I have started this tank about 5 weeks ago and the growth is amazing. I just hope when it comes to the transition it won't be too bad. It is right now a 29 gallon with a Planted + Finnex fixture. I also have a Fugeray but it becomes too bright for DSM and the leaves start to burn. Going to be running Rex Grigg C02 regulator and reactor.

Laid down some eco complete/aquasoil on the left side and then laid Acitv Flora on the Right side and the middle.

Playing around with the arrangements of the stones.

Decided to go with this hardscape/layout

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Started planting some S. repens and some P. Helferi which were tissue culture plants.

I then added HC for the middle ground. After debating for a long time what to go with. I also had some extra xmas moss that I decided to throw on to the rocks to see if it would attatch and it did

Some 'Belem' that I obtained from a friend and had no space to put in any of my other tanks so decided to see how it would do emersed. After I fill the tank, I'm not sure if I will keep it in this tank.

Different angles and the plants are starting to grow in very nicely.

My latest shots

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.