The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "Enter" key's broke on my laptop and it's a real pita dragging around another keyboard hooked up to a USB port just so I can use that key. I can deal with it for everything except delineating paragraphs in forum posts. Anybody know of any other keys or combinations of keys, mouse clicks, right mouse clicks, or anything I can substitute so I can ditch the extra keyboard?

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
There are a few programs that lets you map keys on the board to other keys then write it to the registry. It is allot easier to do this than hacking the registry of your laptop.

Sharp Keys

If you download Sharp Keys you will need to install of .NET Framework Version 2.0 to have the program work correctly. Download here

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WooHoo!!! It worked, Conduct!!
Now I can
use my
right arrow key
in place of my
Enter key!!!

THANK YOU! I hereby christen you "GOOD Conduct" and hand you a gold star. :biggrin:

And thanks for the advice, Wasser, but looks like I have a workable solution for the time being. I'd been thinking I might have to do that very thing and wasn't looking forward to it ~ lack of fundage. But I'm a HAPPY girl now!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aren't those keyboards WILD?! I saw those while looking for an ergonomic board last year (one of my hobbies is writing fiction, so on those 10,000 word days, an ergo board sure does help).

Yeah, I'm finding out how much I use my right arrow key after all. I'll pay attention to how often I use the right shift key. I touch type so it seems like I'd use it a lot, but I don't think I've hit it once in this post. Thanks for the tip, SP!

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
10,000 word days!!!???!!! Ahhh, the luxeries of fiction.

I've just spent the last week writing and rewriting a 4,000 word paper on species pluralism and realism (philosophy of science / theoretical biology stuff), if only philosophy were more like fiction!

That said, I am typing this on a replacement keyboard that I got at goodwill for $1.00. It is actually nicer than my old one!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
10,000 word days!!!???!!! Ahhh, the luxeries of fiction.
Yup. And the best part is it doesn't even have to be good. :hihi: I just bang it out first, no deleting and NO editing/rewriting 'til I'm done telling the story. Trouble is, I don't have time for many of those 10K days lately, so of course there's no time for editing (atleast that's what I tell myself ;) ).

if only philosophy were more like fiction!
Well, if you look at some of Freud's stuff...

That said, I am typing this on a replacement keyboard that I got at goodwill for $1.00. It is actually nicer than my old one!
SCORE!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts