The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I..............

Ordered a nano tank, 5 gallon cube. Turned out to be a 2 gallon.

Ordered a nano 2 gallon I had been searching for.....arrived in a zillion pieces

Ordered another nano tank, light came with no power transformer

Ordered a exo terra terrarium. Yup, arrived smashed.

LOL...........I'm not living right!

chaz

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
oh Chaz that stinks...
I guess no one wants to hear that I paid for a 6mm wet suit on ebay in December and have yet to see it!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
in the process....what a pain.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
well to add to all of this ebay non-sense, i ordered a knock off co2 drop checker on 2/13 and have yet to see it. i'm getting pretty pissed. i've contacted the seller twice. he's responded once with, "i will check on it."

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sorry to say it, but I'm spot on for 5 orders this last 6 weeks or so...damn, my mojo must be aligned or something.

Get better(luck) soon!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
The only time I've ever received anything broken (that I can think of) were some T-12 bulbs I ordered from bigal's about 10 months ago when I was setting up a cichlid tank. All four were shattered, but bigal's handled everything once I informed them of the problem. UPS wanted to come pick up the package, but I made sure I took pictures of it at the time of delivery (just in case). Item was replaced within about 2 weeks or so.
Sorry to hear about your problems. I thought Ebay had some sort of recourse if a seller rips you off? Bad feedback is hardly punishment enough.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
20 of 20 in the past 6 months and 3 of 3 this month so far. Hopefully it stays that way (*knock on wood).

I'm reluctant to receive anything that's made of glass and when I do, I make sure that it's insured.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I..............

Ordered a nano 2 gallon I had been searching for.....arrived in a zillion pieces

chaz
Chaz what was outcome of these damaged or I guess destroyed is a better word lol purchases ?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All but one was compensated for. The nano that went from 2 to 5 was discounted nicely. So all in all I am ok.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
You're just not having the nano luck are you. It seems you're always disapointed with the one you have :icon_frow .

It'll come right sometime!

-Andrew

I'm with IBN Try not to order risky things.. TRY!:hihi: :help: :hihi:

·
Registered
517 Posts
sorry to hear it.. i've always had good transactions on ebay regarding my car stuff and what not... lets hope it stays that way for my aquarist needs

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
eBay used to be a great place to find used stuff at reasonable prices. Or find something hard to find.

Now that every inbred joker and his family is trying to make a living on eBay it's become a snake pit.

Prices on many items are way up. Quality is down. Many times I've seen people pay more than retail for a used/pulled item.

Sad.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Yeah, you said it Rex. I remember back in 1996-97 area, when Ebay was FREE (no fees) and it was actually good. By this, I mean that it was like shopping at a thrift shop for (mostly) used merchandise and people weren't really out to rip you off, or so it seemed. It saddens me to see that way it is going. I only use it maybe once a year or so, usually when I'm selling computer equipment to fund an upgrade. Even then, it will only sell for more than $0.99 if its relatively new stuff.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I..............

chaz
I strongly believe in Karma, and yea you definitely have bad Karma. I can see why, especially after how rude you were to me in the questions I had about your Green Shrimp. Start being nice to people and you will see that you won't have so much bad luck. I could almost guarantee that this isn't the first time you have had streaks of bad luck.

Hey, you did admit it though, thats a start:
Karma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seriously, work on getting good karma, it makes life a lot easier.

Good luck (no pun intended),

Ryan

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I strongly believe in Karma, and yea you definitely have bad Karma. I can see why, especially after how rude you were to me in the questions I had about your Green Shrimp. Start being nice to people and you will see that you won't have so much bad luck. I could almost guarantee that this isn't the first time you have had streaks of bad luck.

Hey, you did admit it though, thats a start:

Karma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seriously, work on getting good karma, it makes life a lot easier.

Good luck (no pun intended),

Ryan

Actually, my money was returned on all of these, and i made a few bucks on the cube. Seems my karma is intact. Your sanity, however, is in serious question LOL. Have a great weekend woody.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Your sanity, however, is in serious question LOL. Have a great weekend woody.
Well you're already off to a bad start. Try being nice, and not insulting. Some have to learn the hard way I suppose. Hopefully you will figure it out someday. Take care chaz.

-Ryan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts