The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Over the last week or so I have noticed that my Discus have been a little stressed. I have 4 in a planted 72 gallon bowfront. Tonight as I was getting ready for bed, I fed them but only 2 came out to eat. So I sat down in front of the tank to look for and observe the Discus. That is when I noticed that there was some dark spots on the grey stand-pipe/overflow. Then I saw one of the spots wiggling. 2 of the Discus are on guard, one on each side of the pipe.

WOW, I'm stuned!

·
Registered
144 Posts
congrats! there are people that try like hell to do what you jsut did on accident :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
congrats to you, I can only dream that I would have a pair form out of my 5 little ones...that may one day do what you just observed.

my hats off to you.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
Okay, Now what do I do? They are in my 72 gallon planted display tank. Their tank mates are 2 Siamese algee eaters and about 20 Mollies. So the tank is pretty tame.

Questions:
When should I start feed baby brine?
How long can I leave them in the display tank?

I know that if I'm going to raise them, I'll need a rearing tank so if this bath survives the next few day I'll go out and get one.

Thanks in advance for any advise you guys can give me.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Oh, WOW! Congrats!! I'd LOVE to have discus and get them to breed, but I'm years and years and LOTS of learning away from that yet.

Post more pictures as they get older, would you? I'd love to be able to see their progress.

How CUTE!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wow congrats on your wigglers I always wondered if anyone had pulled it off in a planted community tank I guess you just did. I don't know how long they will servive but I hope they all grow up Id take the sea out cause there asses that eat everything. They always eat my eggs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.