The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I picked up 10 CRS from kangshiang a few weeks back and 1 of them already has eggs!!!

I read a ton things here and anywhere I could find info and postponed from picking up the shrimp for 3 weeks to be sure my tank was in perfect condition and that I was more than ready. All the shrimp where very good quality and very active from day 1. I noticed the larger ones hanging out together and almost playing from time to time. Woke up this morning and noticed one seemed to be much larger and sure enough it has a big sack of eggs!! It hasn't even been a month since I got them so this is a big surprise! I already have the shrimplet food ready for them so I hope they don't have any problems and my population will continue to grow!

Here are some pics.

·
Registered
65 Posts
mmmm. i think you need to focus before taking some pictures.

hahahhahah
good luck with that. one of mines from ks also just berried up. woohoo ks sells slutty crs. nice.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah my camera is very small so it makes it hard to get nice pics. I should used the video setting and just posted that with the camera, but didn't think the pics would show up that bad. I'll do a video later.

Yeah I was very surprised to get one with eggs so soon.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Please, please resize your pics. I can't even see the berried shrimp you are talking about. Its hard to look through such a huge pic.

Anyway congrats on your eggs.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nice looking shrimps!!Can you tell me your water parameter and are you injecting any co2? I see that you have one sponge filter. Is that the only filter you have in it?

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice looking shrimps!!Can you tell me your water parameter and are you injecting any co2? I see that you have one sponge filter. Is that the only filter you have in it?
I had co2 in the tank, but took it out. If the plants start to go bad i'll just pull them out and put them in my other planted tank and leave the moss in. I kept putting too much c02 in the tank so just said screw it.

I have the elite dual filter on the left that I let cycle in another tank for a week and have the second filter on the right that has been in a tank for a few years. I let them both sit in the tank for a week before I put the shrimp in. Nothing special about the water except it's VERY clean PH around 6-6.5 and 30% w/c. I have some of that CRS water treatment I use every other day.

Please, please resize your pics. I can't even see the berried shrimp you are talking about. Its hard to look through such a huge pic.

Anyway congrats on your eggs.
This site doesn't let you resize the pics and the old lady always has the camera setting on 5mp so I forget to change it back and get these huge pics. :angryfire

I'll just delete them and do a short video with the same camera because it's too small to keep still enough to get good pics using the macro setting.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Congrats on your CRS being berried! And did you resize the pictures? Because they look small to me!:proud:

·
Registered
466 Posts
LGHT,
you said you have some crs water treatment stuff, and shrimplet food. What are you talking about? Do you have any web links to check out the stuff your talking about?
Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
:icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf
oh~~~~~~~~my bad....:biggrin:
They should really discipline themself...
im not sure if i was interperting right..... but i swore i saw two crses going at it... mmmmthey were in spooning position, kinda curling up together? ahhahah sluts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts