The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's pretty cool, and that plant is huge :eek:. I'll be looking forward to pictures of it flowering.

Sorry a little off topic, those are some beautiful angelfish. Are they platinum pearlscale angels or something else?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are from ken kennedy and they are a cross between phillipean blue and platinum pearl scales

·
Registered
594 Posts
That is so beautiful! Now that I've changed my lights my crinim has started to grow better. Would love it to look like yours, however I do have a glass cover so I guess I won't get a bloom like that. Really lovely plant:)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anything special you did to get it to go to flower?
i dont think so. i have had the plant for 1 1/2 to 2 yrs now so the age may have something to do with it. i do not do alot of water changes (hides from every one so they dont shoot me) and the substrate is miracle grow organic potting mix topped with pool filter sand. i do not use any kind of ferts. the only thing that might have helped it is gets a TON of light. i have the tank on a bar so its open on both front and back and one end. only the end with the filter is close to a wall. and the light gets left on for days and can be off for days as well.

here are a couple more pics of the plant
11-12-12

and today 11-13-12

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that is my crinum calamistratum and its blooming. and yes it is tall about 5 feet long if not a bit more when streched out straight and not in a mess in the tank

·
Registered
87 Posts
Really? The plants that look like they have the spirals on the stem is the crinum? Theres so much of it I thought it was a seperate plant.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep same plant the flower is comming up from the middle of it. the base is about as big around as a pop can and putting off a baby too

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok i have to do a pic update i am totaly shocked just look at the time stamps on the pics to see how much its growing

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im not sure yet i thought there was one baby plant starting but i see 2 one on each side of it. its hard to see but still

1 - 20 of 28 Posts