The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really funny, keep reading :). So my mom picks me up from school today, amd my little brother and sister start freaking out about some "scary letter," so I naturally inquired. So apparently, my mom had picked them up and brought them home, and got the mail. In the mail was an envelope, and it was addressed to my dad in really neat handwriting, and had some unusual name and wasn't postmarked properly. So my mom opened it and found a ziploc bag with some Vietnamese newspaper article clearly about CPR and how to save a choking person, but the weirdest part was that the whole thing was in some liquid. So she mom took the whole thing and put it in another zipbloc bag and put it in the garage and came to pick me up, and brought my scared siblings with her.

When we got home, I called my dad, who's on a business trip, and took pictures of the thing, ready to call the police. I mean, the zipbloc bag, the weird newspaper article, the wrong postmarking, the liquid, just the whole thing. But then it occurred to me that the newspaper might be there to hide something inside of it, so I held it up to the sun and could make out this green liverwort mossy thing. I pretty much laughed out loud and checked my PayPal account, and saw that the name and address matched to the guy I had bought some pellia/subwassertang from last week. I was not expecting it until Wednesday because I was assuming it was going to be shipped priority and Monday (today). So I opened it and went ahead and put it in my tank. Funny stuff. Lesson learned: WHEN YOU SHIP, DON'T MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU SENT SOMEONE SOME WATER-BORNE PATHOGEN IN A ZIPBLOC BAG.

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, it was ordered from California, making the foreign newspaper even more suspicious. And also, the guy put USA at the end of the adress? And my little brother got freaked and googled him, and found some facebook profile of some guy that had guns and skulls and crossbones and stuff. Weird stuff, to say the least.

·
Registered
430 Posts
No, it was ordered from California, making the foreign newspaper even more suspicious.
Nah, plenty of ethnic newspapers for Mexicans, Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai, etc. Usually they cover topics both in the US and in their original countries in their native language. Also for some of the bigger groups, the original papers from their home countries are imported in.

I know just for Thai alone, there's at least 3 different Thai language newspapers in the Los Angeles area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.