The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of CPO, and one of them doesn't like me much. When he notices me approaching the tank, he raises his lil pinchers, and sometimes charges to the front of the tank to confront me.

Maybe he's pissed that I used gravel for substrate. I'll be getting sand of some sort for the tank tomorrow, maybe I'll get points with him for that.

·
Registered
334 Posts
LOL! i wonder if mine will like me when it comes...using ADA. try bribing him with some quality food...lol or hook him up with a mate (maybe a diff one)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I say "he" but I have no idea. I bought them as a pair, but for all I know I have 2M or 2F. I have seen articles on sexing them, but I would need a magnifying glass.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Orange Dwarf Crayfish, Scientific name Cambarellus patzcuarensis "orange"

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
I've noticed that males seem to be more aggressive than females. Males charge up at me when I view the tank a lot more than I've seen females try to do it.
It's normal though ;-) Daring little guys.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've been feeding mine this color-enhancing cichlid food I like and they are so greedy. They'll run up to the food and take two pellets up and run off despite only being able to eat one. It's actually really cute.

One of them tries to snap at the dwarf cory cats I have in with them, though they don't appear to be frightened of the CPOs.

And yeah, one of mine likes to snap his claws at me when I stare into the tank, it's pretty cute.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts