The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a fzone paintball co2 reactor and while setting it up the top blew off and sprayed co2 all over the place so I took it outside and just let it empty. has this happened to anyone else. I did lots of research and I don't know what I did wrong. the product might have just been bad. it didn't come with any directions either so that was a problem.

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
I'm assuming you were using a CO2 regulator, and not a reactor (as they're 2 different things!)

Perhaps you got a faulty unit? Paintball cylinders are usually mass produced and mass filled, so it's unlikely they'd be overfilled, which could lead to what you described

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm assuming you were using a CO2 regulator, and not a reactor (as they're 2 different things!)

Perhaps you got a faulty unit? Paintball cylinders are usually mass produced and mass filled, so it's unlikely they'd be overfilled, which could lead to what you described

yes I misspelled. I had the tank filled at scheels. I’m assuming the regulator was faulty and not the tank it’s self. Unless it being overfilled could lead to the same situation.

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
yes I misspelled. I had the tank filled at scheels. I’m assuming the regulator was faulty and not the tank it’s self. Unless it being overfilled could lead to the same situation.
It could be both. Generally, stores will fill up paintball cylinders based on weight, but sometimes they do over fill, especially if the person operating the machine isn't attentive. Usually, the safety pressure release valve on the regulator will vent any extra gas though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be both. Generally, stores will fill up paintball cylinders based on weight, but sometimes they do over fill, especially if the person operating the machine isn't attentive. Usually, the safety pressure release valve on the regulator will vent any extra gas though.
Okay. I sent the regulator back but do you think the cylinder is still safe to use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.