The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Each 22 lb. bag occupies a volume of .21 cu. ft. 0.21 (cubic feet) = 5.94653778 liters.

$17 per bag.

For a little more cash, you could go with ADA AquaSoil which will give you great growth compared to the substrate you're looking at.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Read the comment on the page:

Excellent buffer, keeps ph at a flat 8. Plants will love it.
If you want a higher ph/kh/gh, then I'd say that's a perfect substrate. Also I'm very partial to darker substrates, so nice choice there. This would be a great way to go for a planted african cichlid tank of some kind....maybe kribs?

Have you ever seen this stuff in the stores at Petsmart?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The gravel will be in tomorrow, i will gather my rocks, weeds(plants) from the local lake as ive had luck with them before, lay everything out and then try to change over next weekend. Since i have fish, i might just take them all out, along with the decor and scoop out the old gravel and not all the water and then place some of the old gravel on top in places. Hope it all works out and i even thought about using a panyhose to cover the python for any cleaning. It will all be new to me and i can finally get some neons that will love for once.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.