The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant be the first one to drop their camera in the fish tank:hihi:
I currently have it in a bag of rice sitting on top of my lighting fixture (which ironically is above the open tank) keeping it warm to help it dry out

i figured if a bag of rice can bring my cousins iphone back from the grave it can do the same for my camera

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yeah, I know the feeling. I was using my Nikon DSLR in the recent Hurricane Irene and about 3 hours after using it in the rain, it started acting funky. Buttons on the left side wouldn't work, one button press made it keep acting as if the button was being continually pressed......not a good feeling when using a $3,000 DSLR, and I was using a weather-sealed camera and lens too!

Luckily I put it in a ziplock bag with those moisture absorber packs they put in shipping containers, medication bottles, etc and it was back to normal after a few hours....oh yeah, if you havn't done so already, make sure you remove the batteries from the camera!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.