The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just finished recording a song with my new band comprised of my best buddy Jake on vocals and guitar, me on drums and bass(untill we find someone) and my girlfriend frankie on synth. So you guys should check it out and tell me what you think, and if anyone else is into music or has a band post a link to your site.

our site is
http://www.myspace.com/missilemissall

·
Registered
676 Posts
I like it, not bad at all.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Music archetypes crack me up. I'm not sure where the punk comes in on that. People like to say that their band is punk because they like to listen to punk :p. But who am i to say. Your drummers is pretty good as well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, it's not punk at all really, it's just one of our big influences, I hate genres as well, we just thought it might help with searches because we like punk maybe others who like punk will like the music? Thanks on the compliments for drumming.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Not bad, keep it up! :proud: One comment, I think the guitars need to go up in the mix during the verses...it's pretty washed out by everything else but comes back up in the chorus.

·
Registered
862 Posts
not bad. Vocals are kinda pitchy in spots. I would also spend some more time on EQ of the guitar. Experiment with some highs like 4k and above to try and add some sparkle to the guitar. Someone above mentions bringing it up some in the mix but I think EQ is the answer more than level. Good hook. The song is a keeper for sure. Thanks for sharing with us.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I'm not one to be judging, but I love listening to many types of music. One thing I must say before I continue: I don't like punk rock.

But I liked this. I don't think you needed the synthesizer though. I'm not saying you should kick her out. I'm saying you could use her better. The singer was kind of sining half-ass though. He didn't have the "umph" I look for in music. And the phrase "Truth be told" was repeated too much in my opinion. The guitar on clean also sounded too clean. I like the music the guitar makes but the sound. Perhaps more mid? Drums is completely fine though.

I'm picky.

How about a guitar solo? I always love those :-D.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the feedback guys, hopefully we will continue to get better and become better at recording as well.

·
Registered
862 Posts
You will get better and have tons of fun along the way. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts